Saturday, December 02, 2006

First Big Snow

I thought it would be just like before...
"a huge storm is coming" "12-18 inches, woah!"
and then it would be just 2 inches and everything would be normal.
But not this time..
This time it dumped on us and they ACTUALLY closed the schools and it was really fun.
I didn't have to work and the kids and I just stayed in and watched TV. The boys went right out and played and shoveled(mostly played). We actually shoveled today.
After having a day to set in, it was rather heavy and a layer of ice made it nearly impossible.

With Kirk gone, it was just the four of us out there trying to make it a passable driveway so I wouldn't have to get a running start going in or out. It took awhile and we didn't really finish, but we all started complaining so we headed in.

I think I sprained my arm and both my hands were weak when I tried to bead an hour later. I never shovel so I'm going to blame it on that rather than the "getting older" thing. Man, I miss Kirk.

We did Breakfast with Santa again this year and the pictures are just us in front of the tree. We are sans Kirk and sans SANTA!! We barely got one good picture due the two teenagers who think it is fun to play fight and so most of the pictures have one or both of them laughing or jumping or facing their back to the camera. ha ha. very funny.

We planned on going and getting a real tree today but since I can barely hold a bead, I'm not going to risk trying to hoist a tree up onto the roof of the car. Too risky.

I'm making progress on my christmas list and I have to say, I just love shopping for christmas. With each gift, I imagine how they'll look when they open it, how I'll package it. I probably build it up quite a bit in my head, which isn't good.
That's about all for today.
Cassie

1 comment:

Kirk Moore said...

I'll try to shovel the rest soon . . .